[Hippo-cms7-dev] Nodes hierarchy

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Mon Aug 29 10:30:56 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Mykhailo Kotsur <miccots at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I'm a bit confused by way the document is stored in nodes. For example, in
> hippo go green:
> There is node of primary type hippo:handle:
> /root/content/documents/hippogogreen/news/2010/07/Evolution-may-occur-faster-than-once-thought/
> Which contains child of type hippogogreen:newsitem:
> /root/content/documents/hippogogreen/news/2010/07/Evolution-may-occur-faster-than-once-thought/Evolution-may-occur-faster-than-once-thought/
> All actual content is stored at child. However, if I want to create
> hippo:mirror link, looks like parent note of type hippo:handle should be
> used. Else hippo:mirror link seems to be broken and mirrored document is not
> visible in console.
> So, there are questions:
> 1. Is that correct?

Yes that is correct: The handle contains all variants of a document
(preview/live/draft etc)

> 2. What is the proper way to retrieve hippo:handle then if Search Query
> returns me hippogogreen:newsitem.

Can you phrase this a more explicit? You did a HstQuery? Are you
working with plain jcr nodes or with HST HippoBean's?

Pls let me knowa bit more what you want to achieve, then I can answer it better

Regards Ard