[Hippo-cms7-user BETA] problem building with maven

(Berry) A.W. van Halderen b.vanhalderen at hippo.nl
Mon Jul 21 16:51:11 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 03:34:10PM +0200, Jettro Coenradie wrote:
> cleaning the repo did at least part of the trick. Had problems with
> unit test when doing mvn package, but they seem to be resolved after a
> maven install. Not sure if that was the problem though.

It can be that one test failed to tearDown correctly.  Then if without
cleaning you build again, it can be that the second time round the initial
succeeding test fails.  Further failures can be the result of that.

Failure to setup or teardown correctly is often the causes by tests
that interfere with eachother.  One test does not clean up right, the
second test fails because of that, but that depends on the order
in which the tests are run, because another test may succeed and clean up
correctly.
Now for the nasty bit, the order in which the tests are run, depends...
So we're happy with your feedback, but we're not quite suprised as we
avoid doing a real clean before and after each test because otherwise
a full build would take even longer.

\Berry

> [...]
> >>at
> >>org
> >>.apache
> >>.maven
> >>.lifecycle
> >>.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
> >>at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
> >>at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
> >>at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
> >>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >>at
> >>sun
> >>.reflect
> >>.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> >>at
> >>sun
> >>.reflect
> >>.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> >>.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> >>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:
> >>315)
> >>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> >>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
> >>430)
> >>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> >>[INFO]
> >>[INFO] Total time: 2 minutes 15 seconds
> >>[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jul 21 13:07:35 CEST 2008
> >>[INFO] Final Memory: 38M/63M
> >>[INFO]
> >>T E S T S
> >>Running org.hippoecm.repository.RedefineNodetypeTest
> >>Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> >>4.421 sec <<< FAILURE!
> >>Running org.hippoecm.repository.VersioningWorkflowTest
> >>Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 6, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> >>4.704 sec <<< FAILURE!
> >>Running org.hippoecm.repository.FolderWorkflowTest
> >>Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> >>4.697 sec <<< FAILURE!
> >>Results :
> >>Tests in error:
> >>testTemplateFolder(org.hippoecm.repository.FolderWorkflowTest)
> >>testTemplateFolder(org.hippoecm.repository.FolderWorkflowTest)
> >>Tests run: 12, Failures: 0, Errors: 12, Skipped: 0
> >>groeten Jettro
> >>*
> >>*
> >>Jettro Coenradie* - jettro at jteam.nl <mailto:jettro at jteam.nl> -
> >>http://www.jteam.nl - linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jettro>
> >>*Phone*: +31(0)20 486 20 36 *Fax*: +31(0)20 475 08 28 *Mobile*:
> >>+31(0)6 3473 9912 Frederiksplein 1 - 1017 XK - Amsterdam - The
> >>Netherlands
> >>*
>

> groeten Jettro
>
> Jettro Coenradie - jettro at jteam.nl - http://www.jteam.nl - linkedin
> Phone: +31(0)20 486 20 36 Fax: +31(0)20 475 08 28 Mobile: +31(0)6 3473
> 9912
> Frederiksplein 1 - 1017 XK - Amsterdam - The Netherlands

Berry A.W. van Halderen       b.vanhalderen at onehippo.com / berry at halderen.net
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been following
him all day.