[Hippo-cms7-user BETA] hippo:paths

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Thu Nov 13 16:06:07 CET 2008

Hello Jeroen,

No, during re-importing content you do not need it, OTOH, it does not
harm. They belong to the 'derived' properties (just like we want to add
later on for 'date' fields -> year, month ...).

Derived properties are set automatically on a save action.

Hippo:path are there, to have efficient searching in facetsearches that
have as a starting point some document path, like /content/news.

Also I use it a lot in the hst2 for effective searching. Jackrabbit is
very slow for xpath queries containing an initial document path. This
initial document path is replace by a hippo:path id in searches to be
more efficient

Regards Ard