[Hippo-cms7-user BETA] cms 7 questions

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Thu Oct 2 16:57:01 CEST 2008

Hi Bjorn,

> 1. Is it possible to set the default width of the two
> leftmost columns in the "document" view? When expanding the
> document structure more than the width of the leftmost
> column, the text of the items that are "too wide" gets
> hidden. Ok I can manually make the width bigger to see
> everything, but after clicking on another folder the width is
> reset again. Not really user friendly.

With regard to the question: yes, this is possible.  In the cms
configuration, you can find the 'navigatorLayout' plugin.  If you play
around with the values there, you should be able to adjust the default
settings.

For the second part: I just created
http://issues.hippo.nl/browse/HREPTWO-1657

> 2. It would be nice to be able to set a target for internal
> and external links. Will it be possible in the next version?

As in frame support?  Nothing has been planned and personally, I'm no
big fan.

> 3. Maybe it is already a known issue but when creating a new
> type and then "update all content" a nullpointer is thrown
> and the type cannot be used. I have a lot of content in the
> repo which maybe makes a difference.

We have found some npes ourselves since releasing M6.4, those have been
fixed in the trunk.
If you still find this problem with the current trunk, please post a
stacktrace and we'll get to it asap.

> 4. Save in the console is not always saving (probably the
> biggest annoyance for a developer). I know Ard is working
> hard to solve it, so im looking forward to a version where it
> is solved.

This has been fixed recently.

> 5. It would be really nice to have some kind of automatic
> upgrade, is this planned for the near future?

It is; it should be possible to upgrade from the next milestone onwards.
I.e. you will have to migrate manually to M7, but it should be possible
to upgrade from that to M8.

Cheers, Frank