[Hippo-cms7-user BETA] configuring the repository location

Bart van der Schans schans at onehippo.com
Fri Oct 24 17:17:54 CEST 2008

Jettro Coenradie wrote:
> He all,
> my last question for today, I promise ;-)
>
> I want to keep my repository during rebuilds. I have seen the option to
> change the web.xml, this is however not a real nice solution in my
> opinion. Than I have to change web.xml before bringing it to my life
> environment. I have the same problem with the repository.xml. Are there
> some best practice in moving these files to  location where I can easily
> make changes for the different environments?
For local development you can use the system properties repo.path, which
 you can use to point to a location outside of your build target folder
and repo.config to point to a repository.xml file. I.e.:

mvn jetty:run-war -Drepo.config=file:/home/dev/config/repository.xml
-Drepo.path=file:/home/dev/repository"

In your production environment you could override the web.xml settings
which also specify the properties in your container.

Regards,
Bart

> Pointers in the right direction would be nice
>
> thanks Jettro

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com