[Hippo-cms7-user BETA] user, groups and roles

Bart van der Schans schans at onehippo.com
Tue Oct 28 16:43:36 CET 2008

Hi Niels,

It works a little bit differently. You would assign a role to a
user/group in a domain. If you want to assign a role globally to a group
you can do that by adding an 'authrole' to the domain 'everywhere'
(although you probably want to assign the role in the domain
'hippodocuments'.

If you select the domain 'hippodocuments' in the quickstart you can
actually see two authroles. One that assigns the editor role to the
group editor and one that assigns the role author to the group authors.
The UI (mostly css) still isn't perfect, but we're working hard to fix
this asap.

If you use the console reguarly you can also check the same config under
/hippo:configuration/hippo:domains/hippodocuments. You will see the
authrole config nodes as childeren of that node.

Regards,
Bart

On 28-10-2008 16:24, Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have not found out yet how to assign a role to a user or group. The
> only thing I managed is adding a user to a group (by dropping the group
> into the user's edit screen). Is there currently a way to assign roles
> through the GUI?
>
> thnx
>
> Niels

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com