[Hippo-cms7-user] How can I configure the thumbnail size in the GalleryPicker plugin

Allard allard at jteam.nl
Wed Apr 8 13:08:33 CEST 2009

Arthur,

thanks for the pointers. However, when I change these settings, the thumbnail is actually stored in the repository in the correct format, but it is still shown in the incorrect size.

In the listings, there is an overlay of some sort that shows only a square (the upper left 100x100 pixels), while the image itself is much larger.
 In the gallery picker plugin, the image size seems to be hard coded to 50px. It is probably better to remove this hard coded resize and show the image in the size it has been uploaded (at least, the thumbnail). Only then will it really make sense to change the thumbnail size in the configuration.

Thanks in advance.
Allard

Hi Allard,

One thing you can try is change the value of property gallery.thumbnail.size, you will find this property in three configuration files:

  cms-folder-views.xml
  cms-dashshortcuts.xml
  cms-headshortcuts.xml

This value is used to calculate the thumbnail dimensions of images you upload and set the size of the images you see in the pickers/browser.

Currently, you will also have to fiddle with css styles, which is an issue that I am addressing this week.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Arthur Bogaart

Hi all,

It seems to be impossible to change the size of the thumbnail in the GalleryPicker plugin. Anyway, I haven't been able to find any configuration option whatsoever.

Any pointers are most welcome.

Allard