[Hippo-cms7-user] Exporting and importing

Paul Bakker p.bakker at sourcesense.com
Fri Apr 10 13:59:53 CEST 2009

EXPORTING:
>From the console, you need to export the namespace of your site ("CND export"). If there are different versions, like yoursitename, yoursitename_1_0, yoursitename_1_1 etc., export them all.
Export the node ("Export Node") of your site's namespace: /hippo:namespaces/yoursitename.
Export the content node of your site: /content/yoursitename.
Export the nodes of your site's configuration: Under /hst:configuration/hst:configuration/, export hst:sitemap, hst:pages, hst:components and hst:templates.

IMPORTING:
Use the same order as the mentioned export order. Especially, when you import the cnd files ("CND Import"), start with yoursitename_1_0, then yoursitename_1_1, etc. and finish with yoursitename.
Import each of the nodes using "Import Node".

Hope this helps

It's unbelievable, but the import is apparently firefox only. In IE7, hitting the import button doesn't do anything.
Anyway, how does one introduce new document types/ content in a running CMS (already containing content)? Which files should I export/ import?