[Hippo-cms7-user] Automatic testing not possible with dynamic id's in CMS7

Jeroen Reijn j.reijn at onehippo.com
Tue Aug 4 09:41:33 CEST 2009

Might be good to share some more information on this subject.

Even though this patch sounds useful, I've tried it a couple of times,
but it only works if you test in a certain way.

At a project that I'm currently working on, we tried the wicket patch,
but this will only work if you deploy the CMS/Repository application and
perform all you test after the first login.

We wrote some test that would login and logout with different users that
would perform different actions. In this case the ids do change after
logout and login again, so this was not a working situation for us.

Perhaps this was the case, because we deployed the CMS to an external
app server and performed our tests there, instead of redeploying the app
with every test.

Regards,

Jeroen