[Hippo-cms7-user] Writing to the repository

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Tue Aug 11 11:18:30 CEST 2009

Are you trying to write with or without workflow? In other words, low
level jcr api calls or hippo workflow?

Workflow checks in nodes. If you are using low level jcr api, you need
to check them out yourself, for example like:

if(handleNode.isNodeType(HippoNodeType.NT_HANDLE)) {
                    handleNode.checkout();
                    NodeIterator it = handleNode.getNodes();
                    while(it.hasNext()) {
                        Node doc = it.nextNode();
                        if(doc == null) {
                            continue;