[Hippo-cms7-user] Deployment Options for Hippo Repository

chadmichael chadmichaeldavis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:07:25 CEST 2009

I'm doing a low level integration of Hippo into an existing portlet like web
application.  The end users of my CMS feature will create and edit documents
in the Hippo Repository.  I can't expose the Hippo CMS to them
unfortunately, so I'm building my own interface for letting them manage
their documents.  I will however provide the Hippo CMS to our own team as a
higher level interface to the repository.  We won't implement an interface
that allows our uses to do things like creating document types, but we will
want to do this ourselves.

So . . . I want to know my options for deployment of the Repository in this
fashion.  I plan to retain all of the standard Hippo functionality, which
will be available via our internal Hippo CMS app.  I just want to also be
able to connect to the repo from my own app.  Any general comments on this
strategy are more than welcome!

What are my deployment options then?  As of now, I'm thinking that I will
simply deploy the CMS in the standard fashion . ..  . but what is the
"standard" deployment actually?   And then I'll connect do the repo from my
own app via RMI.

Thoughts and advice?