[Hippo-cms7-user] Document types troubles

Wolfwood maarten.den.heyer at sogeti.nl
Wed Aug 19 15:17:11 CEST 2009

I can't figure out how to add a new document type. I tried using
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/delve_into/user/information_architects/howto/create_documenttype.html
this tutorial . That works (only the default values don't get saved
everytime..) and it show up in the list of template files in configuration.

But when you try to create a new document the new type won't show up in the
drop down menu. Is there another step you must take before you can use it?

---

Editing a current document type, lets say: newspage, also doesn't work
properly for me. I can add a new text (or any other) field to the document
type, save the new fields and "update all content". The new fieldname does
show up when making/editing a newspage, but there isn't a formfield for it.
So you can't fill in any text..

What am I missing? :confused: