[Hippo-cms7-user] Document types troubles

Rita Bijlsma r.bijlsma at onehippo.com
Mon Aug 24 15:14:42 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Wolfwood <maarten.den.heyer at sogeti.nl>wrote:

> I ran the 'update all content' option successfully after saving the new
> document type. All the fields in the document type are given random names,
> to be sure they don't exist yet. But it still won't so up, not even when I
> did the same thing with a new namespace. :(
>
> I'm using version 2.06.07.

It seems to be a bug. Would you be so kind as to try with 2.06.10 after, I
hope, tomorrow? If it is still there, we will fix it. No content changes or
anything are required for this upgrade.

> Ow, and another question: How do you delete a document type? Aside from
> removing it in the console.

You can not do it in the CMS. You can do it in the web console and with
hippoecm-extension.xml by just not adding the document type at
initialisation of the repository. Adding the action to the CMS does not have
priority as only developers will use it and developers will use and change
hippoecm-extension.xml during development anyway. See
http://www.onehippo.org/site-toolkit/misc/initialization.

Best regards,
                         Rita Bylsma