[Hippo-cms7-user] Regarding change in data type.

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Tue Dec 1 15:57:57 CET 2009

"update all content" can indeed be used to convert the content to the
new version.  You should make sure that the cnd that is generated is
indeed what you want it to be, i.e. your templates are correct.  You
can verify this in a development environment by using
update-all-content and then exporting the cnd from the console.

In the latest release of the CMS (2.09.xx), the update is saved in a
single step; so this procedure only works when there is not too much
content.  We are working on a multi-save solution that does not have
content size limitations, this should be available in the next release
(2.12).

In the mean time, for large amounts of content, you can make export
the content to XML and re-import it in a repository with the new
nodetype definitions.

cheers, Frank