[Hippo-cms7-user] Custom workflow

nvankampenhout nvankampenhout at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 12:04:54 CET 2009

I am developing a workflow that modifies document content. I have a proof of
concept based on the "doctranslator" project at Hippo Forge [1]. Basically
it maps a document property to a String attribute of the workflow class
through JDO, then modifies that attribute. Simple and it works.

The content I want to modify is stored in multiple subnodes of a specific
node type though, like this:

[myns:category] > nt:base
- myns:id (string)
- myns:name (string)

[myns:article] > myns:basedocument
+ myns:categories (myns:category) multiple

My guess is I need to create a Category class and map it to the
myns:category nodetype through JDO, then add a field of type List<Category>
to the workflow class and somehow map that to the subnodes of type
myns:category.

The questions are: is this correct, and what would the JDO mapping look
like? Are there any examples that I could look at?

Alternatively, is there a way to obtain the jcr Node representing the
document the workflow applies to, from within the workflow class, or does
this way of thinking qualify as hacking? ;-)

Thanks,
Niels

[1] http://forge.onehippo.org/projects/doctranslator/