[Hippo-cms7-user] jcr-shell and console: import settings

Bart van der Schans b.vanderschans at onehippo.com
Wed Dec 2 17:36:37 CET 2009

Hi Edwin,

The defaults should be fine, so you can just not specify them. The
defaults are actually not stated in the help:

jcr-shell:>help nodeimport
Usage: nodeimport <xml file> [<uuidBehavior> [<referenceBehavior>
[<mergeBehavior>]]]
   import xml export file to the current node
uuidBehavior:
  0 : Create new uuids on import
  1 : Remove existing node with same uuid
  2 : Replace existing node with same uuid
  3 : Throw error on uuid collision
referenceBehavior:
  0 : Remove reference when not found
  1 : Add reference to root node when not found
  2 : Throw error when not found
mergeBehavior:
  0 : Skip same name nodes
  1 : Overwrite same name nodes
  2 : Try to add, else skip same name nodes
  3 : Try to add, else overwrite same name nodes
  4 : Throw error on naming conflict
  completed: 3 msecs

They are uuidBehavior:0, referenceBehavior:1, mergeBehavior:3.

Regards,
Bart

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Edwin Benneheij <ettepet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are writing a jcr-shell-script to automate the export and import of our
> content.xml to an environment with changed documenttypes.
>
> When importing, what settings need to be set for:
> - uuid behaviour (resolution)
> - merge behaviour
> - references behaviour (resolution)
>
> Is there a chance that references might get lost, and if so, how to avoid
> this?
>
> Regards,
> Edwin

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com