[Hippo-cms7-user] /formdata node in console

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Fri Dec 4 11:46:43 CET 2009

crossposting to hst list:

because you are using the BaseFormHstComponent. This component
temporarily stores submitted formdata which you want to access in the
doBeforeRender again. We do it like this because:

1) as you might know, the HST2 design for actions has the PRG pattern (see wiki)
2) unless really needed, we want a hst website to be stateless
3) we want to have transparent clustering frontends with no need for
sticky sessions
4) we want to be able to have frontends filling in large forms over
multiple pages where in between pages, the application can even
restart without loosing formerly submitted data

That is why, when for example you need to temporarily store submitted
form data, we do this in the repository. It creates a large folder
structure first, and then stores the tmp form data in a random folder.
You could even delete this node without consequence, it will be
recreated by the BaseHstFormComponent

Regards Ard