[Hippo-cms7-user] Derived Data

Berry van Halderen b.vanhalderen at 1hippo.com
Mon Dec 7 15:41:04 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM, nvankampenhout
<nvankampenhout at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there a nice way to temporarily disable derived data functions when
> importing documents?
>
> The documents to be imported already contain values that I don't want to be
> overwritten by the derived data functions.

The whole idea is that derived data are real mathematical functions
and the content in the repository always matches the result of the
functions.  In that sense they differ from the extractors of CMS 6.
This has been deliberate to avoid former issues around this subject.
The derived data is (apart from the exact configuration) part of the
usable API, maybe there is a use case we haven't covered?  Otherwise I
don't see why you want to avoid computing when importing.  If the
function provides the proper output, why is this different from any
content (which you may omit) from the imported content?

\Berry