[Hippo-cms7-user] Horizontal list in vertical list

nvankampenhout nvankampenhout at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 11 12:47:59 CET 2009

nvankampenhout wrote:

> I have a template that is using a vertical list layout. I am trying to
> position two fields in a horizontal list within the vertical list.
>
> So from:
>
> field1
> field2
> field3
> field4
>
> I want to go to:
>
> field1
> field2 field3
> field4

I figured out how to do this. I added a second ListViewPlugin, configured it
to be a "child" of the first ListViewPlugin, and configured the fields I
wanted to be in a row (field2 and field3 in the example) to be "children" of
the second ListViewPlugin.

Sounds easy enough but the hierarchy is not represented in the node tree.
It's a flat list, and the hierarchy is defined by the nodes' "item" and
"wicket.id" properties.

Basically, a child plugin's wicket.id property must have the same value as
it's parent plugin's item property.

Once I figured this out, it was all very straightforward.

It would be nice to be able to add any plugin through the template editor,
and to be able to define the plugin hierarchy.

Niels