[Hippo-cms7-user] Deploying Site

Joris Verbogt joris at mangrove.nl
Fri Dec 11 17:25:44 CET 2009

Guys (Bart?),

I have built 2 wars for Tomcat, one for CMS/HippoECM, one for hst2 site.
Jetty runs smoothly.

Now, I want to deploy them on 2 servers, sharing the same JCR content of
course, which is persisted to a third MySQL server.

What I don't understand is how to connect the site to the JCR. The CMS uses
a repository.xml (copied from the MySQL example) and uses a resource-ref in
the web.xml for the JDBC datasource. Works like a charm.

For the site, if it is running on the same server, rmi://localhost also
works, though rather slow.
On a different server, it's a different story alltogether. If I use the
rmi:// to the IP address of the CMS server, it is *really* s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w!
(8 seconds to load).

Somebody tells me I should use vm://, but it doesn't work. ("No repository
found at: vm://").

Now, I'm really confused. Am I missing something?

Help!

Joris.