[Hippo-cms7-user] Deploying Site

Bart van der Schans b.vanderschans at onehippo.com
Mon Dec 14 15:53:02 CET 2009

Hi Joris,

What you need is clustering [1].

The setup we recommend is running two tomcat instances. One with the
CMS and the Repository embedded (vm://) and one with the site and the
repository embedded. The two instances only share the database and
have their own rmi registry and lucene indices. If you want to run
both instances on one machine you have to take special care of the
tomcat and rmi port numbers.

Regards,
Bart

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Joris Verbogt <joris at mangrove.nl> wrote:

> While waiting for help, I decided to try a lot of things.
>
> Finally, I found that the repo didn't start because it wasn't in the WAR.
> Turns out the HST needs the org.hippoecm.repository-application. Could not
> find any docs on that.
>
> One question remains:
>
> Isn't it dangerous to have 2 (or more) JCR instances talk to the same JDBC
> datasource?
>
> - if so, what should I configure to make it work safely?
> - can two JCRs share Lucene indexes or do they have to build these
> themselves?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Joris

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com