[Hippo-cms7-user] CMS locks down completely after a modest load test

Stephan Westen s.westen at 1hippo.com
Tue Dec 15 10:24:39 CET 2009

Hi Gerrit,

During the 7.1 time frame we verified concurrency/deadlock issue with
several people using multiple browsers for different projects (quickstart
and a representative/big project). One concurrency issue was detected and
fixed. We did not find any deadlocks.

Since we did not change substantial code in the repository, we are quite
surprised to see this issue. Anyway, apparently something changed in 7.2
that led to this deadlock.

Bart is looking into the issue Rob raised right now.

Stephan

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer <gerritberkouwer at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Are there any clients/people using the CMS with eg 5 concurrent users? If
> so,
> do they use 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2? If we know this we can narrow down that the
> problem lies within the version we use, 7.2...
>
> Or did someone try the above test with versions 7.0 and 7.1 already?
>
> Greetz, Gerrit
>

> Bart van der Schans-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > Thanks for the detailed analysis! That will certainly make it easier
> > to squash this bug.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bart
> >

> > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Rob van der Linden Vooren
> > <robvdlv at jteam.nl> wrote:
> >> Additionally,
> >> I have created a corresponding JIRA
> >> issue: https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HREPTWO-3527