[Hippo-cms7-user] jcr-shell: java heap space errors when exporting nodes

Edwin Benneheij ettepet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:19:07 CET 2009

Hi Bart,

>> What settings do you mean by: try increasing the memory settings on
>> the
>> server?
> JCR Shell connect to the repository server over rmi. The repository is
> throwing the OOM error not the JCR Shell. So you should increase the
> amount of the memory of the server e.g. the jvm the repository is
> running in. If you run the repository in tomcat for example you should
> increase the max mem setting configured for tomcat (in setenv.sh or in
> the environment).

Didn't had the chance today to test this out.
But, can you explain why an export via the console does work in one
step, even with this "huge" content.xml,
while on the other hand the export with the jcr-shell ends with a java
heap space error?

And besides this I have got another question:
how to address nodes with a space in its name, eg:
/content/documents/my document

We have tried: (double) quotes, escaping these quotes, escaping
spaces, but haven't found a solution for it, yet.
(Nodes with spaces in childnodes cause no problem).

Regards,
Edwin