[Hippo-cms7-user] Workflow categories (was: Re: Mixins)

nvankampenhout nvankampenhout at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 11:39:20 CET 2009

nvankampenhout wrote:

> Berry van Halderen-2 wrote:
>>
>> You still need to configure the CMS to display the "base" and the
>> "extended" workflow.
>>

> How do I do this?
>
> I found that the node
> /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-preview/workflowPlugin has a
> "workflow.categories" property, to which I added a new category. The
> workflow defined under that category doesn't show up for the configured
> document type.

Running the CMS through the Eclipse debugger, I stumbled upon the class
MenuHierarchy, method restructure(). This is called when the workflow menu
is built. It looks like the accepted workflow categories are hardcoded in
the method. Any other custom defined category (except "custom") is basically
ignored. This explains why my workflow categories don't show.

I am lost. How do I get the CMS to display my categories?

Thanks,
Niels