[Hippo-cms7-user] cms works, website unavailable (Failed to borrow session from the pool)

Bart van der Schans b.vanderschans at onehippo.com
Wed Dec 23 10:47:05 CET 2009

Hi Edwin,

Please don't delete the workflow user. It is used by the workflow (as
the name suggests) and things in the cms will certainly break when you
remove the user.

The workflow user is a system user and doesn't have a password. So
interactive login (with user/password) like with the CMS is
impossible.

Regards,
Bart

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Edwin Benneheij <ettepet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> We tried to reproduce the deletion of the default Hippo users on a
> dev-environment, with remaining just a couple of custom admin-users.
> With these user-settings the dev-environment keeps working, even
> without the workflowuser!?
>
> So, this looks like it should be possible to delete all default Hippo-users....
>
> Indeed, I was not able to login the CMS with workflowuser-workflowuser.
> But isn't there another default password for this user?
>
> Regards,
> Edwin
>

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Jeroen Reijn <j.reijn at onehippo.com> wrote:
>> Hi Edwin,
>>
>> as far as I know the *admin* user is used by default for the HST2 archetype
>> driven websites.
>> I don't know everything about all users, but the workflow user must remain
>> in tact as far as I know, because it's used internally by the system. You
>> should not be able to log into the cms with that user ( I have never tried
>> that though).
>> All the other users could be removed if you have similar users in place that
>> belong to the specific groups.
>>
>> I don't think there is a best way, but you could remove all users from
>> /hippo:configuration/hippo:users (from the cms console view) and import some
>> of your own. Do keep in mind that you will need a user with admin rights to
>> perform this action and make sure you try it first on a non production
>> environment, because if you remove the users and press 'write changes to
>> repository' you could lock lockself out from the system and you won't be
>> able to add any users. Maks sure you remove them, import the new users and
>> then press 'write changes to repository'.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jeroen
>>
>> Edwin Benneheij wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jeroen,
>>>
>>> It looks like (one of the) default Hippo users is also needed for the
>>> website to perform:
>>> admin
>>> author
>>> editor
>>> workflowuser
>>>
>>> Is this workflowuser by default used by the website?
>>> What is the best way to remove all default Hippo-users from the system?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Edwin

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com