[Hippo-cms7-user] CMS locks down completely after a modest load test

Bart van der Schans b.vanderschans at onehippo.com
Wed Dec 23 11:26:09 CET 2009

Hi Gerrit,

The problem was that the methods for retrieving the namespaces were
synchronized on the AbstractSession object in JackRabbit. This is not
needed as only the namespace info itself needs to be thread safe (e.g.
synchronized collection). The patch that solves this problem was
already in the 7.1 branch but for 7.2 we had a different solution, but
apparently that solution wasn't working properly. A similar patch has
recently been applied to the JR trunk.

Regards,
Bart

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<gerritberkouwer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stephan, can you explain the issue that was solved?
>

> Stephan Westen-2 wrote:
>>
>> After applying a patch this issue was resolved. This patch has been
>> committed to the trunk (2.11) and to 7.2
>>
>> Stephan
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Stephan Westen
>> <s.westen at 1hippo.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gerrit,
>>>
>>> During the 7.1 time frame we verified concurrency/deadlock issue with
>>> several people using multiple browsers for different projects (quickstart
>>> and a representative/big project). One concurrency issue was detected and
>>> fixed. We did not find any deadlocks.
>>>
>>> Since we did not change substantial code in the repository, we are quite
>>> surprised to see this issue. Anyway, apparently something changed in 7.2
>>> that led to this deadlock.
>>>
>>> Bart is looking into the issue Rob raised right now.
>>>
>>> Stephan

>>> --
>>> mvgr,
>>>
>>> Stephan
>>>

>> --
>> mvgr,
>>
>> Stephan

> -----
> --
> Greetz, Gerrit

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com