[Hippo-cms7-user] Deploying Site

Bart van der Schans b.vanderschans at onehippo.com
Wed Dec 23 12:30:19 CET 2009

Hi Joris,

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Joris Verbogt <joris at mangrove.nl> wrote:

> Bart,
>
> Thanks for enlightening me ;-)
>
> My current setup is as follows:
>

>  *   Server A runs MySQL DB.
>  *   Server B runs Tomcat, Hippo CMS + JCR.  It uses server A as JDBC datasource, stores indexes locally in Webapp directory.
>  *   Server C runs Tomcat, HST + JCR. Also uses server A as JDBC datasource and stores indexes locally in Webapp dir.
>
> This seems to run just fine, only two possible issues:
>

>  *   Indexes could take a long time to rebuild. If I store them outside of the webapp, will they be incrementally updated when redeploying the webapp?
Yes, the log will be replayed for the downtime period when other nodes
in the cluster have made changes.

>  *   Could you include a note in the documentation that the org.hippoecm.repository-application JAR should be added as a dependency when splitting CMS from HST? This is not clear from the Tomcat error log.
I'm afraid the documentation on this deployment model is still lacking. :-(

Regards,
Bart

> Cheers,
>
> Joris.
>

> On 14-12-09 15:53, "Bart van der Schans-2 [via Hippo]" <ml-node+4164473-1858478551 at n2.nabble.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Joris,
>
> What you need is clustering [1].
>
> The setup we recommend is running two tomcat instances. One with the
> CMS and the Repository embedded (vm://) and one with the site and the
> repository embedded. The two instances only share the database and
> have their own rmi registry and lucene indices. If you want to run
> both instances on one machine you have to take special care of the
> tomcat and rmi port numbers.
>
> Regards,
> Bart
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering
>
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Joris Verbogt <[hidden email] <http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4164473&i=0> > wrote:
>

>> While waiting for help, I decided to try a lot of things.
>>
>> Finally, I found that the repo didn't start because it wasn't in the WAR.
>> Turns out the HST needs the org.hippoecm.repository-application. Could not
>> find any docs on that.
>>
>> One question remains:
>>
>> Isn't it dangerous to have 2 (or more) JCR instances talk to the same JDBC
>> datasource?
>>
>> - if so, what should I configure to make it work safely?
>> - can two JCRs share Lucene indexes or do they have to build these
>> themselves?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Joris
>> --

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com