[Hippo-cms7-user] [HST] "preview only" modules

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Tue Feb 10 16:11:50 CET 2009

Hello

> Hi Niels,
>
> I guess you could just duplicate the hst:configuration in
> your CMS console and create a version that is in unpublished
> mode. Now the state of the hst:configuration is probably set
> to published?

As the published version is typically a result of publishing the
unpublished (:-)) version, it might be confusing to rely on different
configurations for both.

As I would prefer to have a different session user (different userid, so
for example a preview user and a live user ) for live & preview (not
sure if you can easily build this in the hst2 trunk), I think the
cleanest solution is as follows:

1) define a (marker only) mixin nodetype, for example:

[myproject:previewonly] mixin

2) create two users, a live and preview user. The live user has no read
rights on nodes of type 'myproject:previewonly'

3) add the mixin 'myproject:previewonly' via the console on those nodes
that are not allowed for the live user.

That should do the trick

Regards Ard