[Hippo-cms7-user] [HST] "preview only" modules

Niels van Kampenhout n.vankampenhout at onehippo.com
Tue Feb 10 18:51:33 CET 2009

Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> As I would prefer to have a different session user (different userid, so
> for example a preview user and a live user ) for live & preview (not
> sure if you can easily build this in the hst2 trunk), I think the
> cleanest solution is as follows:
>
> 1) define a (marker only) mixin nodetype, for example:
>
> [myproject:previewonly] mixin
>
> 2) create two users, a live and preview user. The live user has no read
> rights on nodes of type 'myproject:previewonly'
>
> 3) add the mixin 'myproject:previewonly' via the console on those nodes
> that are not allowed for the live user.
>
> That should do the trick

How do I configure different users for preview and live in the site
toolkit? Right now I have a file hst.properties inside WEB-INF that contains

repository.address=rmi://127.0.0.1:1099/hipporepository
repository.user.name=username
repository.password=password

Also, for the inline editing, CMS users can login with their own
account. Would I need to set read permission on the previewonly mixin
for each user? I guess I could put them in a group and set the
permission there.

Perhaps an easier solution would be to have the complete preview
shielded behind a login. Would that be possible? Users would still login
with their own CMS account.

Thanks,
Niels