[Hippo-cms7-user] [HST] "preview only" modules

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Wed Feb 11 08:37:32 CET 2009

> How do I configure different users for preview and live in
> the site toolkit? Right now I have a file hst.properties
> inside WEB-INF that contains

Yes, this feature didn't make it to the hst2 tag/trunk anymore before
the major rebuild started...guess you could build it :-))

> repository.address=rmi://127.0.0.1:1099/hipporepository
> repository.user.name=username
> repository.password=password
>
> Also, for the inline editing, CMS users can login with their
> own account. Would I need to set read permission on the
> previewonly mixin for each user? I guess I could put them in
> a group and set the permission there.

I am not to familiar with the domains/groups permissions, but I guess
configuring this ones should be enough (Bart?)

> Perhaps an easier solution would be to have the complete
> preview shielded behind a login. Would that be possible?
> Users would still login with their own CMS account.

And then still use the readonly mixin, right? Should be possible, but as
indicated, the hst2 did not make it to deliver these options, so you
need to build something for it I am afraid

Ard