[Hippo-cms7-user] Question about facet select with full text search

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Mon Feb 23 10:01:03 CET 2009

Hello Allard,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Allard <allard at jteam.nl> wrote:

> I was one of the team that allowed Jettro to play on his playstation instead
> of doing the cool stuff (
> http://n2.nabble.com/question-about-queries-and-facets-td2347068.html see
> discussion here ).
>
> Now I was wondering whether it is possible to do a facet select over results
> of a (full text) search query. I've read the articles about facetted search,
> but they seem to only search in the entire unfiltered content.

To avoid confusion, i think we need to get, sometimes confusing terms,
straight first: We have a facetselect, which can be seen as a
(filtered) mirror, and we have a facetsearch, something that results
in facetted navigation through the content.

Now, I am confused about ' a facet select over results of a (full
text) search query.', unless you mean, you want in a faceted search,
also to embed a free text search, to limit the number of results in
the facetted navigation. This is a good question. We will provide this
feature on short notice, but currently, this is not yet possible. For
now, you would best go by adding an extra facet which functions to
limit results. Another thing that will be done in short notice, is
that a facetsearch after a facetselect, will include the filter of the
facetselect (in other words, a facetsearch in a live environment,
should only return 'live' documents)