[Hippo-cms7-user] Base64Decoder

Arthur Bogaart a.bogaart at onehippo.com
Tue Feb 24 16:23:54 CET 2009

Hi Rogier,

I just did a successful compilation of the trunk on OSX 10.5.6 using Java
1.5.
I've also verified that the sun.misc.Base64Decoder class exists in
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/classes.jar,
so there might be something else going on your machine (might be that the
restriction is set by Eclipse?).

Still, as usage of the sun.* package is discouraged by Sun [1] it seems like
a good idea to drop the sun.misc.Base64Decoder and replace it with something
like the Apache commons-codec Base64 en/decoder[2].

kind regards,
Arthur

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/faq/faq-sun-packages.html
[2]
http://commons.apache.org/codec/api-release/org/apache/commons/codec/binary/Base64.html

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Rogier Peters <rogier.peters at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Compilation on trunk is a lot smoother now, thanks.
>
> There's still one issue though:
>
> SEVERE: failed Repository
> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
>         Access restriction: The type BASE64Decoder is not accessible due to
> restriction on required library
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/classes.jar
>         Access restriction: The constructor BASE64Decoder() is not
> accessible due to restriction on required library
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/classes.jar
>         Access restriction: The method decodeBuffer(String) from the type
> CharacterDecoder is not accessible due to restriction on required library
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/classes.jar
>         Access restriction: The type BASE64Decoder is not accessible due to
> restriction on required library
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/classes.jar
>
>         at
> org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.<init>(RepositoryServlet.java:65)
>
> You're using an internal sun class, which appearently is strictly
> restricted on OSX/Java 1.5.0
>
> --
> Rogier Peters
> rogier at twitter, flickr, delicious

Kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

Arthur Bogaart

Hippo

a.bogaart at onehippo.com

San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA 94952-3329
+1 (707) 773-4646

www.onehippo.com info at onehippo.com