[Hippo-cms7-user] Sort the Document in the CMS

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Tue Nov 3 13:31:50 CET 2009

The creation date is not stored in the document by default.  There is a date
in the revision history, but some logic is necessary to retrieve that.
You could write your own variation on the DocumentListingPlugin to achieve
this.  Then alter the cms configuration under
/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-folder-views/<folder-type> to
use this plugin instead of the default one.

It is important to know that the data in the version storage is fixed.  So
if you want to be able to change the creation date after the initial
creation of the document, you should store the date in a separate property.
 This property can be set as part of the workflow.  You can achieve this by
extending the standard reviewed-actions workflow.
The workflow that is used is again configurable.

cheers, Frank