[Hippo-cms7-user] Best practice for handling a production environment

Wim Ederveen wim.ederveen at atosorigin.com
Mon Nov 9 13:41:29 CET 2009

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a best practice concerning production
environments and the content that is created there.
How do I update the production environment without doing a complete export
of the content, which is not even possible, because the amounts of documents
are allready choking the export right now.
(this should be fixed in the 2.09.03 release i've heard, anyone know when it
will be released?)

What I intend to do is update the cms.war and site.war and restart the
enviroment without deleting my repository currently in mysql. This will
prevent it from doing a initialisation and just use the existing repository.
Thus I need to import changes in the hst:configuration, hst:namespaces, and
the cnd files.
Is this all or am I forgetting something.
Or better yet, does anyone have a better idea how to tackle this problem

Gr Wim