[Hippo-cms7-user] Best practice for handling a production environment

Stephan Westen s.westen at 1hippo.com
Mon Nov 9 17:33:19 CET 2009

Wim,

I'm still not sure what kind of upgrade you are talking about. Upgrading
from 2.08 to 2.09? Moving cms/site from development to production? Can you
describe the use-case?

In case you want to upgrade CMS from 2.08.x to the latest 2.09:

See the CMS upgrade instructions on
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/learn/upgrading/2.08.xx+-%3E+2.09.02.html
(for 2.09.03 this should not make a difference)

WRT HST you can stick on the current version or upgrade to 2.04.01. The
upgrade of this last item is not yet documented online. Instructions (not
yet verified):

Suppose this is your project structure:

- pom.xml   (root_pom)
/cms
  - pom.xml (cms_pom)
/content
  - pom.xml (content_pom)
/site
  - pom.xml (site_pom)

in the root_pom, make sure that you have:

<hippoecm.version>2.09.02</
hippoecm.version>
<hst-configuration-editor.version>1.02.02</hst-configuration-editor.version>
<hst.version>2.04.01</hst.version>

in your cms_pom:

 <dependency>
     <groupId>org.onehippo.ecm</groupId>
     <artifactId>hst-addon-configuration-editor-frontend</artifactId>
     <version>${hst-configuration-editor.version}</version>
     <type>jar</type>
 </dependency>

   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.onehippo.ecm</groupId>
     <artifactId>hst-addon-configuration-editor-repository</artifactId>
     <version>${hst-configuration-editor.version}</version>
     <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>

 <dependency>

 <groupId>org.onehippo.ecm.hst.toolkit-resources.addon.toolkit-cnd</groupId>
     <artifactId>hst-addon-cnd_7_2</artifactId>
    <version>${hst.version}</version>
     <type>jar</type>
 </dependency>

Thanks,

Stephan

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Wim Ederveen <wim.ederveen at atosorigin.com>wrote:

> Hello Stephan,
>
> Yes I intend to only update the cms.war and the site.war, and leave the
> content be.
> But then I would surely have to import the changes we made in the
> hst:configuration, the hst:namespaces, and the "myproject".cnd
> For example if we changes some page structures or sitemap references and if
> we maybe added an extra field to a document type.
> In those cases an update of the site.war and cms.war alone is not enough,
> am I right?
>
> Gr Wim

mvgr,

Stephan