[Hippo-cms7-user] associating a binary file with a document

Joffrey jlambregs at iprofs.nl
Tue Nov 10 11:06:22 CET 2009

Hi,

In the message below it is mentioned that "...the uploading itself of a
binary into a document is
currently broken, but, will be fixed on short notice as a large customer
needs this." Could anyone tell me if this fix has already been made?
I noticed that after I changed the mime type associated with the
hippo:resource in the prototype from image/gif to application/pdf it is
possible to upload a pdf but when you want do download it the cms (2.06.13)
application freezes.

A second question related to this, is it possible to define multiple mime
types in the prototype where the cms makes the correct association based on
extension and mime type?
This because in most cases the uploaded file will be of type pdf but it can
be a word or excel document as well.

Regards, Joffrey