[Hippo-cms7-user] Overwriting node in /hippo:namespaces/hippo problem

Joffrey jlambregs at iprofs.nl
Sun Nov 15 20:57:28 CET 2009

Hi all,

Due to the fact that the resource type does not recognize pdf files by
default we added this to the node in the console by defining

<sv:property sv:name="types" sv:type="String">

<sv:value>png=image/png,jpeg=image/jpeg,jpg=image/jpeg,gif=image/gif,pdf=application
        /pdf,doc=application/msword,xls=application/vnd.ms-excel</sv:value>
</sv:property>

This works fine and now we are able to upload pdf, word and excel files.
To avoid having to define this property via the console every time we make a
new build I exported the resource node and added this resource.xml file to
the content project. Also did I add this node to the hippoecm-extension.xml
just as I did for the hst-virtualhosts.xml.
When I start the cms I notice that the original "resource" node is still in
place and not overwritten by the one I define via the xml file. Strange
thing however is that if I change the name to resource2 a second resource
node is added to namespace with the correct properties.
Also changing the sequence number (as first, somewhere in the middle, as
last) doesn't help. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to overwrite the
original node with the one I want to add. Or is the hippo:resource node sort
of writeprotected? And why does this same approach work for the
hst-virtualhosts which is also just a node?
Below the section I added to the hippoecm-extension file.

Thanks in advance,
Joffrey

	<sv:node sv:name="resource">
		<sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">
			<sv:value>hippo:initializeitem</sv:value>
		</sv:property>
		<sv:property sv:name="hippo:sequence" sv:type="Double">
			<sv:value>10000</sv:value>
		</sv:property>
		<sv:property sv:name="hippo:contentresource" sv:type="String">
			<sv:value>resource.xml</sv:value>
		</sv:property>
		<sv:property sv:name="hippo:contentroot" sv:type="String">
			<sv:value>/hippo:namespaces/hippo</sv:value>
		</sv:property>
	</sv:node>