[Hippo-cms7-user] Upload binary files from site

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Tue Nov 17 17:01:34 CET 2009

Hello Zeljko,

crossposting to hst2 list:

Regarding the multipart upload, you can take a look at the Action.java
in hst-testsuite-site project.

Wrt writing from hst2 --> repository: This is currently being moved
out of sandbox. You can already take a look at the sandbox persistency
project.

Wrt your specification: you should not upload the files to assets in
the repository, as this part of the repository are documents without
workflow.

I would recommend to upload the files into some hippo:resource within
a 'real' document, that you created with the BE template editor (by
adding a compound field, namely, Resource). This is an inline binary,
where the binary has workflow because it is part of a Document having
workflow. We do not have a complete ready example in the HST2 for
this. That might make things easier for you :-))

In the HST2 hst-demosuite-site, you can already see how we use the
persistency project to add comments, and through a workflow callback
handler set the added comment as : requestPublication(), so that an
administrator in the cms can accept or reject it.

See Detail.java in the demosuite

Regards Ard