[Hippo-cms7-user] Accessibility Xinha-table-editor plugin

Edwin Benneheij ettepet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 20:42:19 CET 2009

Hi Jeroen,

This table-editor looks like a welcome improvement!
It does solve our main problems with the current Xinha-editor:
- no cellpadding, cellspacing or border-style settings available in
the interface;
- caption and summary are well-formed/placed in the html;
- the manualy added thead-section in the table, isn't replaced with a
tbody section;
- scopes in the th-tags are supported and not removed.
Thumbs up!

There's just one thing left to wish...
- we would like to add classes to some of the td-tags to highlight its
content, eg: <td class="my_style1">content</td>
When these class-attributes are added manualy in the html-source, they
will be removed after saving the document,
even when they are placed in the p-tag within the td, eg: <td><p
class="my_style2">content</p></td>

It would be very nice to have a way available to set some (different)
classes to td's.

I'd like to test it in our project - we are using repository version
2.06.14 (instead of 2.08.02).
Can you tell me what steps I do need to take to implement this version
in our project so I can test it, including viewing the rendered code
on the front-end?

Best regards,
Edwin