[Hippo-cms7-user] Chicken and egg problem?

nvankampenhout nvankampenhout at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 14:59:04 CET 2009

I have a custom cms project with a cms module and a content module. The cms
module has dependencies on (amongst others) the content module (its sibling)
and the dropdown plugin from the forge.

My content module contains nodes of type 'valuelist', which is defined in
the dropdown plugin. Repository initialization now gives an error because it
tries to insert the valuelist nodes from the content module, before
inserting the node type definition from the dropdown plugin:

19.11.2009 08:49:40 ERROR
[org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.initializeNodecontent():888]
Error initializing content for
jar:file:/C:/Users/Niels/.m2/repository/com/myproject/hippo/myproject-content/1.0-SNAPSHOT/myproject-content-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/myproject-valuelists.xml
in '/content/documents': javax.jcr.nodetype.NoSuchNodeTypeException:
{http://dropdown-plugin.forge.onehippo.org/nt/2.0}valuelist

I tried adding the dropdown plugin dependency to the content module as well,
but that didn't make any difference.

Anyone any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Niels