[Hippo-cms7-user] Problem with Large Binaries in CMS

Wim Ederveen wim.ederveen at atosorigin.com
Fri Nov 20 16:44:11 CET 2009

Hello,

We noticed the following. We are running our cms on a mysql server and this
is working fine.
But now we're having a problem with large binaries, for example large pdf
files.
Or in any case, files above 16M are giving problems.
We had to figure this out our selves and the CMS does not give any warning
or notice about this.
When we upload a file above 16M the size will be 0. If we upload a file just
below 16M it uploads fine.
Could you implement a warning in the cms. If the backing database doesnt
support the filesize of the file you are trying to upload.
Because end users are confused if a file they try to upload just ends up
empty.

Gr Wim