[Hippo-cms7-user] HST component archtype

Mansour Al Akeel mansour.alakeel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 00:52:55 CET 2009

Sorry, but I think I am a bit more confused.
I udnerstand a component in general, is a combination of
functionality. It defines input and outputs. More like a black box. In
hippo, the same concept applies. It contains java classes that defines
the interaction btween the jsp and the repo. It's like an mvc, where
the component here plays the presentaion and the business logic role.
While the repo is for the data.  Hippo component contain a description
of the repo layout, and how to layout the data.

The tutorial about adding a page is clear. It shows how to define the
component through java classes, and create the jsp. Then combine all
of these and map them to the URL. But what it doesn't show is
packaging this component and reusing it. For example, If I wanted to
create a reusable functionality like forum or comments component. I
can follow the tutorial, but if I want to package it, then I will have
to export the nodes I created under "hst:configuraton" and the copy
the classes and jsp to a newly create HST project. Right ?

If this is true, how can I deploy and use this project ?