[Hippo-cms7-user] Derived Data

nvankampenhout nvankampenhout at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 10:00:08 CET 2009

Ard wrote:

> what would you like to achieve. The derived data engine is primarily
> meant, and I really hope will stay that way, for internal use. Most
> likely there is no documentation about how the internals of virtual
> providers work either (to compare it with)...
>
> Anyways, what are you trying to achieve

One of the things I want to do with it is compute a unique ID based on the
values of two document properties, and store it in a third property. This is
to be done at document save.

Why is the derived data engine intended for "internal use"? Because it is
potentially dangerous to use? In that case I would say good documentation is
even more important :-)

Thanks,
Niels