[Hippo-cms7-user] Derived Data

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Tue Nov 24 10:32:58 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM, shane smith <s.smith at onehippo.com> wrote:

> i've been playing with a similar issue.
>
> I this what you want you could also achive using eventlisteners?

No no no no :-)))!!!!

> session.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(listener,
> eventTypes, absPath, isDeep, uuid, nodeTypeName, noLocal);
> http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/observation/ObservationManager.html
> I think you could use this in combination with deamons?
> http://blog.jeroenreijn.com/2009/03/using-daemon-modules-with-hippo-cms-7.html
>
> haven't actually tried it yet, perhaps one of the cms developers can help
> you out.

Yes we can: do not use it! Would you like to have an event listener on
a change a node, and then, trigger a new change on the same node?
Triggering a change again....and different jcr sessions handling
triggering all these changes?

I think, the thing you describe is either some really really simple
custom workflow, or, what you describe, the derived data engine, where
I think you shouldn't use the latter

Ard