[Hippo-cms7-user] Derived Data

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Tue Nov 24 12:58:38 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM, nvankampenhout
<nvankampenhout at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Ard, it looks pretty straightforward. Is a derived data function
> automatically triggered for each node type that has a property defined in
> the "accessed" part of the configuration?

No, afaik, you configure the nodetype that it should run on, for example:

<sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">
    <sv:value>hipposys:deriveddefinition</sv:value>
  </sv:property>
  <sv:property sv:name="hipposys:classname" sv:type="String">
    <sv:value>org.hippoecm.faceteddate.DerivedDataFunction</sv:value>
  </sv:property>
  <sv:property sv:name="hipposys:nodetype" sv:type="String">
    <sv:value>hippostd:date</sv:value>
  </sv:property>

obviously, you can use your namespace global type, for example :
my:default where all your types extend from. Then, the derived data
engine runs for them all

Ard