[Hippo-cms7-user] Folder restriction by documenttype

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Tue Nov 24 23:14:57 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<gerritberkouwer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would be nice if you can configure this for the 'Top' folder so that all
> underlying folders also use this configuration, eg for all folders under
> News/year/month/day...

I suppose you realize that you can do the following: Beside to
configuring which documents can be added below some folder, you can
also configure which kind of folders can be added below some folder.

So, suppose I have a /news folder. You are able to say: you can only
add folders below this folder, that can add news items only. So, in
the cms interface, you would have something like:

'add News Folder'
'add News Item'

When you already have a lot of folders, you might best have some jcr
node visitor that sets all the folders the way they would have been
the way I described above

Regards Ard