[Hippo-cms7-user] A #Hippo screenshot competition

Arje Cahn a.cahn at onehippo.com
Wed Nov 25 16:43:09 CET 2009

Alright. Let's see if I can initiate a mini-meme here.
I'm working my way through our mailinglist archives, and once again
I'm struck by the inspiring ideas folks on the list have. Sometimes
it's something they need for a website, sometimes a CMS plugin - and
they need a bit of help from the list. Almost without exception, that
person asks a question, gets an answer, and then leaves the list
without showing us the final result. That's sooo frustrating because
we'd love to see the cool stuff you make with Hippo!! :)

Let me give you an example. This was a question from a couple of weeks
ago (my apologies for abusing your post, Goran!):

"The plugin should have 3 fields. First 2 fields should be text fields
and user would enter numbers in those fields. Third field should be a
list of radio buttons with operations: "+", "-", "*" and "/". This, of
course, is not a plugin that I am trying to create, but a
simplification of the real problem I'm trying to solve."
http://n2.nabble.com/Best-practice-for-relatively-simple-plugin-tp4012582ef2274273.html

Now I'm all curious! What is that thing he's building??

I can understand not everyone has the time nor the ability to show off
their code and share it with the rest of the world. But I'd be very
interested in seeing at least a little screenshot of that single
plugin to see what it does :)

So here's my challenge.

When you've built something with Hippo and you don't mind sharing it
with the world - make a screenshot, post it somewhere on the web
(Flickr, Facebook, blog, anywhere), and Tweet me the URL of the image
(@arjecahn #hippo).

I'll collect those screenshots and put them in a future blogpost.
Looking forward to your contributions! :)

-- Arje