[Hippo-cms7-user] Announcing availability of Hippo CMS 7.5 RC1

Stephan Westen s.westen at onehippo.com
Mon Dec 6 16:31:59 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

With great pleasure we announce the availability of the first release
candidate of the 7.5 Hippo CMS and HST version.

This version includes the following major new functionality:
1) Template Composer allowing end-user to change the page template
layout in the website
2) Translation support: Out-of-the-box support for multiple
translations of documents and folders. Key to our approach is that we
allow a different hierarchy per language with support for relations
between them.
3) Jackrabbit 2.1 - JSR 283
4) HST REST engine
5) HST JAAS Login Module and Form-based Login Servlet support
6) Out-of-the-box cross domain linking even between multiple hosts
7) Complete support for multi-domain and multi-site HST configuration
8) Support for Freemarker templates stored in the repository
9) Locale support per (sub)site
10) Automated annotated bean scanning (special thanks to Jettro
Coenradie for his patch)

Next to several minor improvements we greatly restructured our maven
artifacts and relocated our svn source tree. The current structure
will get us through the coming years.

Of course you are very eager to check this out. Here are the
instructions to do so:

svn co https://svn.hippocms.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/site-toolkit/tags/hst-2.20.00RC1
hst
cd hst
mvn clean install -DskipTests
cd demosuite/cms
mvn clean jetty:run-war

Navigate to http://localhost:8080/cms to login to the CMS (admin/admin).

new shell:
cd .. (from demosuite/cms)
cd site
mvn jetty:run

Navigate to:
--> http://localhost:8085/site
--> http://localhost:8085/site/preview
--> http://localhost:8085/site/composermode/composer

Note that we support Firefox 3.6 and Internet Explorer 7 and 8. In
case of issues with the Template Composer please refresh your
browser's cache.

Whilst you are experimenting with the new functionality we will
continue to work on documentation [1], archetype, upgrade logic and
the GoGreen product. As part of the last effort we are also making
plugins 7.5 compatible.

Do not hesitate to ask questions on the mailing list if you run into issues.

Enjoy!

the Hippo Team

[1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/HST2/Home

CMS Release Notes