[Hippo-cms7-user] the dateformat for dates in JCR

Jeroen Reijn j.reijn at onehippo.com
Thu Dec 9 10:44:10 CET 2010

Bert,

you do not need to format the date. That's only the way it's represented.
You can just use a simple java.util.Date in combination with a Calendar.

>From your plugin you will get a normal Date object I presume? The JCR api
just expects a Calendar object.

So the following should be fine.

Calendar publicationDateCalendar = new GregorianCalendar();
publicationDateCalendar.setTime(myDate);
node.setProperty(DocumentTypes.Document.PUBLICATION_DATE,
publicationDateCalendar);

Where node is a simple jcr Node and DocumentTypes.Document.PUBLICATION_DATE
is of type (date) in the cnd.

Cheers,

Jeroen

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Bert Leunis <b.leunis at onehippo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I worked on a dasboardplugin for the cms in our project. It works as in the
> GoGreen demo. After clicking "Create a news document" you can choose a date.
> The value of the date determines in which folder your news document is
> placed (e.g. /2010/12/mydocument). It is possible to use this date in the
> creation query of the document, and automatically fill in the date in one or
> more of the fields in the document.
>
> The date now has to be formatted in the way JCR expects it, otherwise you
> get an error. I found out that the good old java.text.SimpleDateFormat can
> NOT deliver the right format:
>
> 2010-12-09T10:27:52.688+01:00
> The timezone part at the end with a semicolon does not belong to
> SimpleDateFormats possibilities. I had to use the jodatime formatter to get
> the right format.
>
> DateTimeFormatter fmt =
> DateTimeFormat.forPattern("yyyy-MM-dd'T'kk:mm:ss.SSSZZ");
> fmt.print(date.getTime());
>
> Is there a better way to do this? Is there a utility in the cms that can
> deliver me the correct date format?
>
> --
> With kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
> Bert Leunis
>
> Hippo
> Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20 522
> 4466
> USA  • San Francisco 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor •  Petaluma, CA.
> 94954 •  +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
> Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC
> H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
> www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info at onehippo.com
> This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does
> not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or
> copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an
> intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in
> error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Hippo
Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20 522
4466
USA  • 755 Baywood Drive Second Floor  •  Petaluma CA. 94954
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info at onehippo.com