[Hippo-cms7-user] Fwd: [Hippo-dev] Searching; handling characters like "-"

Kenan Salic k.salic at onehippo.com
Fri Dec 10 10:15:06 CET 2010

Ow my bad.. forwarding

*Hi all,

I've got the following case: A document (.pdf) is set as an resource on a
document and it contains the word "Foo-Bar"

When searching for "Foo-Bar" it won't find the document containing this
resource, but when entering "Foo", "Bar" or "Foo Bar" it will.

Is this default behaviour? Lucene indexing it separately, without "-". Is
there a solution in my hst quering that "Foo-Bar" wil also work?

regards*

Seems to me like a question to ask on the public list ;-)

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Kenan Salic <k.salic at onehippo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got the following case: A document (.pdf) is set as an resource on a
> document and it contains the word "Foo-Bar"
>
> When searching for "Foo-Bar" it won't find the document containing this
> resource, but when entering "Foo", "Bar" or "Foo Bar" it will.
>
> Is this default behaviour? Lucene indexing it separately, without "-". Is
> there a solution in my hst quering that "Foo-Bar" wil also work?
>
> regards

Hippo
Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20 522
4466
USA  • 755 Baywood Drive Second Floor  •  Petaluma CA. 94954
•  +1 877 414-4776 (toll free)
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC
H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info at onehippo.com